Madagascar Endemic Wildlife Tour
This is a dedicated photographic tour designed to cover some of the key wildlife locations in Madagascar – from the humid rainforests of the east, to the dry and arid spiny bush-land of the south.
Madagascar is home to 103 species of lemurs, more than 300 species of birds, 260 species of reptiles and over 300 species of frogs. Approximately 80 percent of all plant and animal species found in Madagascar are endemic. The island is a biodiversity hotspot and nature photographers’ paradise, rivaling the Galapagos.
We will travel in a small group of up to 6 participants. This is unusual as tour operators often refer to group sizes of 12 as ‘small’. Having a really small group will not only enable us easier access to work on a particular subject, but also allow all participants to receive individual support.
Visiting 5 reserves over 14 days, we think this is one of the most comprehensive photo tours of its kind. We will work with the diminutive Mouse Lemur to the largest of them all, the Indri; the weird Giraffe-necked Weevil to the master of camouflage, the Satanic Leaf-tailed Gecko, plus many more interesting fauna and flora that inhabit this incredible place.
In addition to the images you see in this document, do also visit our Madagascar Gallery, for more photos captured during our last visit to this magical island. I hope you can see that this specially formulated tour, with private guides under my careful guidance, results in some fantastic photographic opportunities.
Some of the key features of our tour:
* We will be using experienced, official guides on the trip, sometimes with an additional tracker, to afford us the best possible chances of seeing and learning about the diverse wildlife and plants found on this island.
* The travel routes have been streamlined to enable us to cover areas much larger than is usually possible in the time we have. This means we get to visit a greater number of important reserves, making this a very comprehensive tour.
* All the accommodation has been carefully chosen not only for comfort but also their strategic location. For example, some companies offer similar quality hotels but they are located in the heart of the capital city, wasting as much as two hours travelling in or out.
* As with all my tours, we have a truly small group size – a maximum of 6 participants only. Each participant then enjoys much more space and time photographing each subject, and can receive all the technical support that they need, without the jostling of a conventional larger group.
* This is a dedicated photographic tour, which means that our guides and I will do our best to get you a good vantage point to achieve this goal. We will spend all the time necessary for you to get the shots. You will have a professional at hand to give you as much or as little assistance as you prefer.
Dates : 13 – 26 October, 2025.
Cost : £5095 GBP per person (based on twin sharing).
Single supplement : £650 GBP.
Deposit : £500 GBP (to secure booking, non-refundable). Balance due 90 days prior the start of the trip.
Group size : 6 guests max. (5 places available)
Includes : All transport from arrival in Antananarivo, internal flights, meals, accommodation and guides.
Excludes : International airfare, alcoholic beverages, incidentals / items not mentioned in the itinerary.