Wild & Colourful Costa Rica
The focus of our trip is to photograph not only the many diverse species of bird life in this country, but also other interesting mammals, invertebrates and plants that are often overlooked on more conventional Costa Rican tours.
Working with an experienced naturalist and biologist, and accompanied by myself, a full-time wildlife photographer, we will be covering a range of habitats and topography. Aside from photographing the much-loved iconic species, our hope is to also record the wider range of fauna and flora that Costa Rica has to offer.
The group size is kept deliberately small and personal, with a maximum of 6 participants. My colleague and I will be on hand to provide photographic guidance and natural history advice throughout the trip. This photography-centric tour will provide you with the necessary space and time to capture the perfect image, which is often not possible with conventional sightseeing tours in large groups.
We will visit a mix of prominent nature reserves, from lowland to cloud forests, seeking out the many varied and interesting species that inhabit all these different environments. A trademark of my tours, we will have a few evenings where we will be out looking for nocturnal subjects.
To further increase the number of species for you to record, we have also arranged for a boat cruise, to see some of the waterbirds and reptiles that occupy the river.
A few key features of our tour:
* Truly small group size – a maximum of 6 participants only so that everyone can have more space and time photographing each subject, without the jostling of a conventional larger group.
* Covering a variety of habitats so that you will have the opportunity to record a greater number of animals and plants.
* The guidance of a naturalist and professional photographers to enable you the best possible chances of seeing and learning about the diverse fauna and flora.
* Unique night-walks to experience and record the many interesting nocturnal species.
* Comfortable accommodation and great cuisine throughout the trip.
If the above has fired your passion for photography, then sign up for the opportunity to see and photograph these colourful creatures for yourself.
Dates : 14 – 27 April, 2019.
Cost : £4295 GBP per person (based on twin sharing).
Single supplement : £450 GBP.
Deposit : £500 GBP (to secure booking, non-refundable). Balance due 90 days prior the start of the trip.
Group size : 6 guests with 2 leaders. (2 places left)
Includes : Airport transfers from San José, meals, accommodation, private guides.
Excludes : International airfare, alcoholic beverages, other incidentals / items not mentioned in the itinerary.